Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Don't Be Rich, Live Rich: Travel the World

One Story from My Travel
I remember while on my home from my travel of Hong Kong this year, I met a couple. I had the pleasure of speaking with a married couple of a certain age, while I was alone since it was one of my backpacking escapades. That was at the airport and I cannot forget how the man told me sincerely how envious he is of what I’m doing. As we sit there chit chatting, towards the end of our conversation, they told me of their resentment that they never traveled the world when they still had the excitement, curiosity, fun, and energy of their youth. The man said, and they both agreed that I should pursue this traveling around the world while I’m still in my twenties since it wouldn’t be as much fun if I waited until I’m more accomplished in years and in life as they are now.


Traveling is Rich Living
We all want to live our lives to the fullest. If you ask people how they plan to do that, mostly you’ll get that they want to have a business and earn a large income every month. There is one concern with that plan though, and most people do not look past the few points they need to cover in order to live their lives to the fullest. It’s easy not to see that if your plan goes that way; your business might take too much out of your live instead of it adding to your experience. Don’t we hear successful business people say that they never take a vacation because they don’t have time for that? I’ve heard Donald Trump say that several times in interviews.
What I’ve come to realize after spending time with that couple is that time, as valuable as it may be for us, is still often left undervalued and neglected. Here is a couple that, from the looks of them at least, have everything; and yet they linger for something that has passed them by. The experience forced me to look at living rich at an entirely different angle. Talking to them made me realize that in order to live rich; we have to experience all that life has to offer by traveling the different landscapes the world can bestow.

My Best Travel Tips
Below is a compilation of my best travel destination this year as well as some tips and tricks to go with it.
Destination: Istanbul
  • Pro: Great architecture, wonderful culture and a lovely city to explore
  • Con: Budget has leaned over to the hefty side
Tip
Hotels at the financial district have lower prices come the weekends when business travelers are out.
Destination: Sri Lanka
  • Pro: Ancient sites, great delicacies, plenty of flora and fauna
  • Con: Lacks first world amenities, difficult to find classy accommodations
Tip
Forgetting a travel first aid kit is unacceptable, especially when your destination is a tropical island.
Destination: Hong Kong
  • Pro: Shopping Heaven
  • Con: Language barrier is starting to surface
Tip
Learn the most important phrases in the local language such as thank you, sorry, or where is the police?
Destination: Boracay Island, Philippines
  • Pro: easily the best beach I’ve been and all the other tourist I’ve talked to while there
  • Con: too crowded
Tip
Savor the local delicacy and avoid those expensive meals

Author Bio:We’ve all had times when we were left staring at an empty space because we can’t figure out where’s our next travel destination would be. I think it’s sad not having a resource where you could get all the advice that you need on where to go. I’m Robert Elliott, owner of www.gotravelation.com, a website created because far too often I’ve had that problem as well

No comments:

Post a Comment